Prompt user to change password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Toyman

In Windows 2000 I could have swore I seen under Administrative tools an option that would prompt a user to change their password, and now that I want to use that feature I can't locate it. Anyone know where this feature can be activated?

go to administrative tools->computer management

then click on "local users and groups" then "users"
and right click on the account you want to have password expire and click properties.

then untick password never expires and tick users must change password at next login

also if you go to local security policy under administrative tools and click on local policies and security options you can set how long a machine password lasts

and how many days before a user is prompted to change password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online