1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Proshow gold question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by junji98, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. junji98

junji98 Thread Starter

i have a question regarding this great piece of software. does it support multiple pictures on 1 slide? i saw one show made with this and it had 1 slide that had multiple pictures. i just cant figure out how to do it. or is there some trick to it? thanks!

2. kath100

kath100

Hello Junji, welcome to TSG
    This is how to have a background slide in your slideshow.
    On the menu bar select Slide then Slide Options.
    A new window will open. Click on Background.
    Click on Use Background Image. Click into the image box and click on Browse.
    Select from your files the image you want to use for the background and click OK.
    If you want to disable it later, click on Use Solid Colour instead of Use Background Image.
    :)

3. junji98

junji98 Thread Starter

thanks! but can it support more than 2 pictures?

4. acraftylady

acraftylady

I can see no way to put two pictures or more in one slide directly in proshow gold but if you maybe pasted 2 or 4 photos together as one in PSP or some photo program like that then you could use that as one slide with a few photos in that slide. Is that what you are wanting to do? Describe exactly what you saw in the slide show and I will check in the program some more and see if I can figure out how they did it.

5. junji98

junji98 Thread Starter

here is the link:
    http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2182121&alb=0

it's a lengthy presentation though, it's ok with you. it's somewhere around 5 mins or so into the presentation, right after the text slide "behind every man..." there are multiple pictures of his wife ( i assume ) all coming out of one slide. is that an effect, or did he painstakingly make each pic, and then set it as a background? thanks!

6. acraftylady

acraftylady

Ok, I see what you mean. I have never done that but it seems that one photo comes up after another in one slide. I am thinking that might be some kind of transition effect but don't know how they did it with different photos. Another friend uses this and I will have him look at it and see if he can tell us.

7. kath100

kath100

It is done as Acraftylady originally said. It is made up of individual photos
    in a photo editing program. The first slide just has one photo, the second slide has the first photo that has been edited to add a second photo.
    The third slide is the second photo that has been edited with a third photo added.
    In Proshow the transition is set to "cut".
    It is easier to see how it is done if you do the following:-
    Play the slideshow in your link and when it get to the photos press pause. Then use the arrows to step through the slides. One click on the arrows show you the individual slides.

8. acraftylady

acraftylady

Thanks I want to play arund with that when I have time. I didn't know what transition it was and now I won't have to figure it out.

9. junji98

junji98 Thread Starter

thanks very much! one can make the photo composition using elements right?

10. acraftylady

acraftylady

Yes elements would work. I was going to play with this earlier then hubby decided he wanted to go gambling so that's what we did for the evening and no we didn't win but we didn't loose the house either.

11. junji98

junji98 Thread Starter

too bad about the gambling. what did you play? anyways, i was fiddling around with elements, and couldnt figure out how to combine 2 (or more) photos into 1 photo. im using elements 3. sorry, im a bit new to this. i used to use power point. :)

12. acraftylady

acraftylady

I was only playing the penny machines tonight but I played for 3hrs. on 15$ and got it up to $30 on the same machine all night then I switched after that and played some other penny ones until I was out so I had fun. I play one called the pearly gates, that's my favorite.

I have elements but I had such a hard time learning it for some reason so I switched to PSP 8 and now I do all my photos with that because it's easier for me but once in a while I play with some filters in elements. You will just have to read the help files in elements and do some google searching for some tutorials. Probably the same as PSP just paste two photos onto a new blank canvas and save then do one and add the third photo and so on.

13. kath100

kath100

You need to use Layers. Arrange all of your images on different layers then you can turn the layers on and off, saving the file with a different name at each stage.
    Layer tutorial here
    http://www.elated.com/tutorials/graphics/photoshop/intro_layers/

14. junji98

junji98 Thread Starter

dear craftylady and kath,

you have been extremely helpful! i hope i get it right this time!
    ...until the next post!

junji98

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice