protecting a document in word 2007

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

al97233

I just started using office 2007 and I am having a problem with a document created in word 2000. I have a document that has form fields that when I use it I tab through the various form fields filling out the information and when done with that I un-protect the document (previously I had put a "protect form" button in the tool bar). In word 2007 it seems to be a more drawn out process. Is there any way to just add a protect form button again and make this a one step process? Thanks in advance!

First Name
Anne
You could surely record a macro and assign a button to the macro, no? Alternatively, see if you can't find the menu command to protect under customizing toolbars (Tools-->Customize in 2003)

al97233

tried to record a macro but it did not work because the document had to be in the unprotected state to record but when I am in that mode the stop protection option is not available. If you haven't worked with word 2007 it is a lot different than previous versions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts