1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

protecting a document in word 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by al97233, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al97233

al97233 Thread Starter

I just started using office 2007 and I am having a problem with a document created in word 2000. I have a document that has form fields that when I use it I tab through the various form fields filling out the information and when done with that I un-protect the document (previously I had put a "protect form" button in the tool bar). In word 2007 it seems to be a more drawn out process. Is there any way to just add a protect form button again and make this a one step process? Thanks in advance!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You could surely record a macro and assign a button to the macro, no? Alternatively, see if you can't find the menu command to protect under customizing toolbars (Tools-->Customize in 2003)

3. al97233

al97233 Thread Starter

tried to record a macro but it did not work because the document had to be in the unprotected state to record but when I am in that mode the stop protection option is not available. If you haven't worked with word 2007 it is a lot different than previous versions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/624013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice