protecting ACCESS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

murrayg

I created a log for work that must be used to keep track of some vital information. I don't want the user to be able to modify the font or table list or report format. All I want is the user to enter data and save it. They can search the table for information but not change anything as far as the Font (Bold, italic, courier to arial or other than what was used when created).:rolleyes:

First Name
Anne
Do you use a form?

You SHOULD.

Then, put the form in another DB and LINK the table from "your" DB into their DB. They can't change anything in a linked table. Just data...

Let me know if you need more help.

First Name
Anne
Bruce! How dare you contradict... (ROFL!!)

I prefer my method so that murrayg doesn't have to "get around it" everytime he wants to work on the DB...

Hi Dreamboat.
Just wanted to give murrayg more options. :)
Not saying your method doesn't work.

If your using several different tables in the database (assuming this is relational) you can create subforms on your main form and contain the information you don't want altered on one or two subforms and in the design view you can change the add, edit and delete to 'no' in the properties. For example I use three to four subforms and only one contains information that can be edited so the rest I'll change the properties to 'no.'
Just thought I'd put my two cents in.
annalyst

First Name
Anne
And a great 2 cents they are. :)

I hate Access security, and it seems many other people do too. There always seems to be someone trying to restrict without using security.

:)

Hey, annalyst.
I just looked.
You're a chick!!

Yay!!!

I love having other women techies around! There's sooo few of us! Which doesn't make sense, 'cause women are sooo much smarter than men....don'tcha think?

:D

You got that right
Passwords and access don't go together.
You can get rid of all access to the tables in the start up menu, most users no nothing about this little trick and if you have to make changes there are no passwords to remember.

Female techs aren't that popular, men do not want to talk to you and of course this is caused by their fear.
Men can babble to each other in tech talk and we can decipher it and give it back to them in plain English.
Yeah it's been a real challenge and a whole lot of fun!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online