1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

protecting formulas

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by t long, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t long

t long Thread Starter

how can I protect a worksheet so that others can make changes but CANNOT change or modify my formulas....

I want others to use the worksheet - but I dont want them to be able to touch the formulas within it.

thanks

2. john0109

john0109

You need to right click on the cell(s) with a formula you want to protect, select "Properties", select the protection tab, and lock the cell.
    I believe the default is that all cells will be locked so most likely you will have to unlock the cells you do not want to protect.
    Once you've locked or unlocked the cells then you have to protect the worksheet. Tools - Protection - Protect sheet. select a Password. then only the cells unlocked can be changed.

john0109

3. t long

t long Thread Starter

I've done that but my problem is that anyone else using the workbook will not be able to delete any unused rows that are not being filled in on the list - but still contain formulas

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice