Protecting Header Information in Word 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pjlb0

Hi All,

I am trying to protect the contents of the header only in MS Word 2003. I have field in there that are written to by a document management system and I want to prevent users editing them!

I have tried different approaches including one from Microsoft entitled specifically for this matter.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888184

My problem is that whichever approach I take using the inbuilt 'Protect Document' I can then only edit the text in the body of the document. I cannot insert tables, text boxes, word art etc.....its all greyed out?

Am I doing something wrong? I just want to protect the header and have normal (full) functionality in the body.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards

Paul

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online