Protection for Mac Users using Windows Vista in Parallels 4.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JARinRussia

I am a Mac user that also uses Windows Vista in the Parallels 4.0 environment. Along with the new Parallels update came Parallels Internet Security powered by Kaspersky. My questions are these: since I have the following protection programs loaded in the Windows/Parallels environment, which ones are the best, which ones should be kept, and which ones should be uninstalled?

* Parallels Internet Security powered by Kaspersky
* AVG 8.0 free edition
* Spyware Blaster
* Spyware Guard
* The Cleaner Free
* Winpatrol
* Windows Defender
* WIndows Firewall

Thanks for any help that can be provided. Simple, non-technical language would be appreciated ;) Free programs are also preferred.

Is the Parallels Internet Security powered by Kaspersky an antivirus program? If so it may have conflicts with AVG.

JARinRussia

Is the Parallels Internet Security powered by Kaspersky an antivirus program? If so it may have conflicts with AVG.
Yes, the Parallels Internet Security contains an antivirus program, along with a firewall. Since I have upgraded to Parallels 4.0, it appears that the Parallels Internet Security program has turned off both AVG 8.0 (free edition) and Windows Firewall, but Windows Defender remains on. I decided to remove The Cleaner Free and Winpatrol but have kept Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard.

atnskyline

Banned
get pc tools iantivirus from pctools.com for the mac os and avast home and comodo internet security for vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online