1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Proxy Disabling in Mozilla

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tsftsf, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsftsf

tsftsf Thread Starter

dear friends,

i'm thaddeus from india. i wish to disable the proxy in moxilla - tools - options - internet - settings.

it's acutally an Ip 212.138.64.142 that's of an saudi arabian agency that blocks all my access to websites. Even if i remove this ip from mozilla manually it comes again as soon as i mozilla.

anyone pls guide how to remove this ip permanently from my pc

due to this setting i'm unable to view many websites and forums.

regards,
    [email protected]

INDIA

2. Augie65

Augie65

Type about:config in the address bar of Firefox then hit Enter.
    Scroll down to:
    network.proxy.type and see if the Integer is 0.
    If not, right click and select Modify and set the value to 0.
    Close Firefox and try connecting again. If it will not save the setting, then create a new profile and try it again.

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

It is not wise to put your e-mail address in a Thread posting. "Crawlers" are likely to pick it up and then the deluge of spam is on its way.
    {redoak}

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice