1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

proxy , not able to browse and cant open outof offce in outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by novest, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novest

novest Thread Starter

HI Guys

I have a question hopefully one of you could answer

We have to buildings one in JHB (main ) one in cape town...

about two months ago we swtich over to a new proxy to restrict our users from going on to certain websites but since then a few odd things has happened.

1. some of our users are not able to browse the interenet, but they are able to retrieve there mail (exchange) and work on the intranet, just not able to browse any website, we have not disabled the old proxy so i tried putting in the old proxy and everything works fine put the new one and everythng stops, but this only happens on certain users and there are time when the users have the new proxy in they are able to browse ?

2. Although the users are able to retrieve there mail , when they try clicking on out of office assitant the get a error message saying the server is unavailable but once again i put the old proxy in they are able to use the out of office assistant.

I spoke to a IT guys up in JHB regarding the proxy and they say that because it is happening on only certain user and it is not all the time it cnt be the proxy...

any ideas

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice