1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Proxy server security certificate

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TORB, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TORB

TORB Thread Starter

Hi Good Peoples,

(Hope this is in the right forum category.)

On my desktop computer, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium edition and Microsoft Outlook 2007.

I have just signed up for a package that gives me access to Microsoft Exchange 2003 server. I have set up and run the configurations on my PC, but when I open the Outlook program on my computer, I get the following error message.

"There is a problem with the proxy server security certificate. The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the target site mapi.pm.telstra.com
    Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server. (Error code 10)"

I have also set up this exact same program on my laptop. It is running Windows XP Pro. When I connected on a laptop, it worked perfectly.

Has this got something to do with Vista? And is anyone have any idea how I can fix the damn thing?

2. virox

virox

Make sure the name of your SSL certificate matches the name of the proxy server (mapi.pm.telstra.com).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!