Proxy server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jonathan731

Hey!:D
Im trying to use a proxy server using Mozilla. I go to edit>preferences> Advanced>proxies>manual
and set the Ip for a working proxy and the port number and then when i go to check my IP address it is still the same as if there was no Proxy. What am i doing wrong?
thanxz for the help

Your IP address will always stay the same. A proxy will never change that, it is only the other end of the connection that sees your address as the one of the proxy server.

Bryan

Bryan
What's your IP when you check it from your PC versus the site at Google? Start>Run, key in cmd and press enter. Then key in ipconfig ....

Bryan

Bryan
Have you tried using IE with the proxy to see if it happens with IE, too?

Bryan

Bryan
I've got to go for a while but what's the name of the Proxy Server software you're using?

jonathan731

i dont know the name i just searched on google for "free proxy servers" and got the IP address and port number.

jonathan731

I downloaded a program called "Multiproxy" it has a proxy working but when i try to go to a page it displays somehting that says "under construction"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online