1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Proxy Server

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by rammyboy, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rammyboy

rammyboy Thread Starter

I have a set up like the attatched picture.

It all works so i am not going to change it.

I have a new mac i want to get onto the network/ internet so i attatched an ethernet cable running from the switch to the mac.

The network diagnostics say it is running fine and it has an IP address and everything. I have even managed to create shares between the server and the MAC.

But it wont go on the internet.

When i click internet explorer it just does an error message about ISA server or something (The bit about isa is at the bottom)

I think it is because in all my windows PC's i have to tell them to connect via the proxy server which is "thorntonsvr01" and the port 8080 but i trued typing this into the mac and it wouldnt work?

Any help appreciated?

Thanks alex

Attached Files:

2. Emmerac

Emmerac

Are you using Mac OS X? If so try:

Go to Apple>System Preferences... click on Network, choose the connection you want to use and click Configure, select the Proxies tab, select Web Proxy and type in the proxy server information. If you need to you can go ahead and configure other ports for the proxy server, such as Secure Web Proxy for https web sites and FTP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!