1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Proxy Settings

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JanuaryGirl, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JanuaryGirl

JanuaryGirl Thread Starter

Ok guys I really need some help with this. I got an error# coodoo35. I recieved this error trying to use my media player. It also said " The proxy server, the computer that protects your network, cannot be found, so Windows Media player cannot make a connection. I went to microsoft support and it told me how to fix it but I need to Proxy Settings. How do I find this information?? Please help. I get this error for every program I try to run not just the media player. :confused: :mad: So I would love it if someone could help me. Thanks

2. AAPlus

AAPlus

Hello, JanuaryGirl

I think this is what you are talking about

go to Internet Properties Then Connections

Tab go to Bottom & click on Lan Settings

Lit's see if someone will step in & help

3. JanuaryGirl

ok clicked on Lan settings and there is nothing there:confused:

4. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Those are zero's, not lowercase o's.
    It's Error=C00D0035.
    Bit of a difference. ;)

<a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q235063">Error C00D0035 Using Windows Media Player (Q235063)</a>

If there's nothing in your LAN settings, is there anything in your Settings? (This button is on the same Connections tab, and refers to your Internet Service Provider's proxy, rather than a Local Area Network.)</font>

5. JanuaryGirl

Sorry on the error code a little bit of typing error:D Anyway I checked the settings as suggested but I have no idea what is or isn't supposed to be there.

6. hottesttotty

hottesttotty

Are you on a home network, or at work, or just connected directly to the internet? That will us what settings you need to look for and should have.

TT:)

7. JanuaryGirl

I am working on my home computer with a dial up connection. Apparently I need my network proxy settings and I don't know where to find them, or even if i do find them what im supposed to do with them. Now I don't know if any of my settings are correct.:(

8. hottesttotty

hottesttotty

When you get into the settings, what IS there? Do you have the box checked to use a proxy server? If you're using a straight dial up connection that is just used by your computer alone, you do not need that. That would be the first thing I would check, since it's saying you have a proxy server, and you really don't.

Let us know what is checked and we'll see if we can pin point it better for you!

TT:)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice