1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PS2 Dial-Up Problem with Netscape

Discussion in 'Games' started by Hamer, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hamer

Hamer Thread Starter

We recently switched our ISP from Iowa Telecom to Netscape, for reasons that it was cheaper. Well my problem is that my PS2 wont connect with the Netscape sever, the message my PS2 gives me is Authenticaion Failed, you get this when you havent entered your screen name or password correctly, I have entered all of the information that was needed and I know for a fact that I entered it correctly. I have talked to a friend of mine and he said that it could be like a pop-up blocker or firewall or incorrect DNS numbers, but we dont have a firewall and the DNS numbers are set on automatic just like our home PC, and I guess it could be the pop-up blocker that Netscape uses that is giving me the trouble, but I dont know for sure. Obviously its working through our computer or I wouldn't be posting. But I have noticed that when my PC connects it makes a different sound than what my PS2 makes when connecting,(I also noticed that when I had my old ISP, when my PC and PS2 were connecting they made the same sound) I dont know if this is a componet or not. My old ISP worked fine and didnt have any problems. So, im looking for some help on this issue and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Hi and welcome!

Go to this post and click on the link I put there. There are some issues with some ISPs.

3. Hamer

Hamer Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Tidus4Yuna, but im thinking that i will have to call up my ISP to see if i can hook-up through Netscape, but from what info you gave me i dont think i will be able to....... i dont like Netscape lol...... wish my parents would of went with Broadband, i even offered to pay the extra cost to have it..... but anyways, thanks again.

4. Hamer

Hamer Thread Starter

Netscape is bad, they put me on hold for half an hour and i just gave up. I am completely lost here, anyone else have any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice