1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PS2 disk read error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeeni, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeeni

jeeni Thread Starter

I don't know if this is a hardware problem...but i'll try anyway
    anytime i put a disc in my PS2 it makes this godawful noise and doesn't do anything.
    for a while it would stop and work...but recently it just sits on the opening screen and never reads the disc....i have no idea what it could be PLEASE HELP!

2. dzones

dzones

That is the most common error the ps2 has. Essentially you have to remove the cover of the unit and then the dvd cover to expose the tray and laser. using a q-tip dabbed in alcohol, rub the rubber pickup wheel and the laser eye itself lightly. Let the laseer dry but rub the pickup around lightly with your finger to remove excess hair and debris.
    That usually fixes most of the errors.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice