PS3 DNS error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Monsterrt

I keep losing internet connection on my playstation, and i'm getting a DNS error code 80710102. I've been researching how to fix it myself and so far nothing has solved my problem. Is there something that I can do to fix it?

Hi Monsterrt,

Try following this guide I found...

Playstation Community Forum

Seems this little bit of genius has saved a lot of PS3 gamers in the same position as you.

If you need any help configuring your network drop another post. :)

Couriant

James
Well that would be your router, or your modem if your PS3 is connected directly.

Do you have a router?

Monsterrt

Its not connected directly just wireless, I still pick up 100% signal and it works and connected before, it just signs out and I get that DNS error

Couriant

James
You may have wireless interference. But you didn't answer the question, do you have a router?

FYI, that error is a generic message, it can be other things, not strictly DNS

Monsterrt

Yes I use a router, I had this problem with the last router I was using also, and it was a different internet provider

Couriant

James
Are you using Automatic Settings? (DHCP)

If so check your Internet Settings and let me know what your IP, subnet, gateway and DNS settings are. If the IP address does not start with 192.168. then that may be a problem

Monsterrt

Yea its auto for DHCP and sometimes I get that DNS problem sometimes I dont, like right now its fine
IP 192.168.0.11
Subnet 255.255.255.0
primary DNS 129.250.35.250
secondary DNS 129.250.35.251

Couriant

James
when you get the error, quickly check your settings again and see if it changes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online