1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PS3 HDD Data Retrieval

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by --nknm--, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. --nknm--

--nknm-- Thread Starter

Hi, i am interested in aquiring the game and save data present in the hdd of a ps3 console that no longer functions properly. After plugging it to the PC via USB i managed to obtain a .cbu and an .rdr image of the disks content and also nine .SWF files. The respective applications are unable to restore the images to a VHD and so i can not access the data. I tried to copy the .SWF files to another PS3 trough USB but they were not detected. I would apprecciate if someoene could tell me how and/or if i am able to extract from the images, how to copy or convert the .SWF files so the console recognizes them and if i am able to obtain the eid_root_key from the drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1207775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice