1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PS3 Network setting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nofnof, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nofnof

nofnof Thread Starter

I'm having trouble getting my PS3 online. I'm in a university residence with a network port in my room. To get onto the internet one has to connect through a university proxy server. So now the problem is that after manually entering settings for the network and the proxy server address etc my PS3 HAS NO option for the user name and password for proxy server authentication. How do i get to put in the details so that i can access the internet?. I know for sure that i have internet because i can access the local university sites via my PS3's web browser but i need authentication for the proxy in order to access external web sites.

Can anyone Help?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Ask your university's IT department if their residence service is for game machines. If it is, ask them how to use it.

3. nofnof

nofnof Thread Starter

This wont help, because everybody should use the proxy and it's authintication , the problem is the PS3 does not allow you to enter a user and pass for proxy settings , is it possible to creat a bridge between my laptop and my PS3 ? and how ?

Thanks

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Which indicates that you know that what you are trying to do is against university policy. You have been a member here as long as I have and should know by now that we don't support such activity. Closing thread.

Please review all the rules at least twice before posting here again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice