1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PS3 Wireless Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gr8fan, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gr8fan

gr8fan Thread Starter

I am trying to connect my son's PS3 to my wireless network. Every other computer in my house is connected to my router and we have no problems connecting our PCs. However, we enter my WPA key and wait and then receive the error message "The attempt to obtain an IP address timed out". Can someone please help me figure out what the problem is? I've done everything the manual said to do - unplugged my modem, router and turned off and on the system. I can't figure it out and appreciate any help anyone can send my way. Thank you!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    log into the router and remove the wireless security and see if the ps3 will now connect - that at least proves the connection - you can then go back and re-enable security and see if it can connect

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice