PS3 Won't connect to iternet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larryecook

Hi my Ps3 won't connect to internet. So I called Sony they told me ports were blocked on my router so I typed in the ports they gave me. But theres a colum labeled IP Address. What do I type in there?

I have a Lyksys BESFR41 Version 3 router. I was working under the gaming and aplications section.

larryecook

Where can I find that? the only thing i see is the MAC address it does not like it goes there.

larryecook

I can't the PS3 and computer hook up at the same time because I don't have a cable run yet.

If you guys have a wierless router just connect your PS3 wirelessly! just go to the Network Connections area and follow instructions! I know because I have a PS3!

ya, but the ps3 can occasionally use up alot of the bandwidth if you dont set it up right, my friends ps3 does that, mine doesnt though

larryecook

Yes but its a little confusing. Do have set up static ip? What do I enter in the little box at the top 100 right? I have not tried ps3.

you can scan your network with Angry IP Scanner and it will list all your connected devices you can find your ps3 ip in there

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
For port forwarding, you need a static IP address on the PS3, or it may move and kill off the connection. You will have to assign that static IP address in the network properties of the PS3.

yup and make sure the PS3 ip adress you pick is outside the router's DHCP range. and if you router support DMZ put that IP address OF PS3 in the DMZ of your router, turn on the DMZ setting. You will have no ports or forwarding to worry about.

The DHCP range can be found in the network or LAN settings in the router.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online