PS3 works as web cam but not come thru other app

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chueh

I have to quickly grab PS3 as a web cam for my pc for online lessons during this temporary covid-19 outbreak. I installed the driver, and ps3 cam works through its own window. But when i used Zoom Meeting, the video in the ps3 window was not transferred to Zoom screen.

I will need to use this cam for skype too. I haven't used it with skype, so not sure if it will work. I assume that it would be the same issue as Zoom

Oddba11

Jim
What is "it's own window"?

Any software which uses a webcam, will need to recognize the webcam connected to the PC. If it does, you should be able to select it in the configuration options.

chueh

the window is the test window. Fortunately but strangely it works the next day. i guess it takes time to configure

chueh

I connected PS3 eye camera to my desktop (windows 10). It works fine with every program and app, except Skype.

Skype says "video device not found," so I clicked the help from Skype link to solve audio/video problems. I did follow the instructions and check if Skype app was turned on for CAMERA. And yes, it's on.

So.... no sure where else I can check.

Thanks for help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online