1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ps3

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by InfernoReaper, Jul 23, 2006.

?

What size PS3 are you getting?

1. 60 GB

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. 20 GB

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Ill decide when I buy it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dont know If I'm buying it

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Sony sucks and I aint buyin!!!

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
Advertisement
  1. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper Thread Starter

that would be the only reson why id get one so ill probably wait until the next xbox comes out and buy the 360 (like what you're doing with the PS2)

2. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Actually, I had a PS2 at launch. But it died of DRE.

3. InfernoReaper

i just got mine about 2 years ago

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Here's another reason games are getting worse and worse.

Nobody can type anything out anymore, how do we expect them to understand that isn't simple and pretty!

5. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

To be fair, he abbreviated things I spelled out entirely the post before that. :p

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I know, but thats everywhere!

FF4k
    NCAA2k6,
    SMB
    SSB
    PD

I wasn't really attacking him, but the whole damn industry for being too lazy to spell anymore!

7. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

I see your point. But that's not so much the industry's fault as it is people who write about it - and that's not indicative of the games themselves at all, is it?

8. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I feel like it is. When Pong came out, it wasn't 'P'

Super Mario Brothers 3 wasn't SMB3.

And there were less games then, so everyone could remember every acronym used for video games in '85, and most of these games were great games.

Now you walk into the store, and everything is shortened, or you read a review, and they can'y spell out "Sim City 4" more then once.

and more and more crap is released every year, just like this growing love of short hand game names. I do blame the industry, and the illiterate culture that raves "B.S." rules"

9. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

I don't speak for everyone, but it is sometimes tiresome in casual typed conversation to type, for example: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance time and time again. So I understand why you'd be want to abbreviate it at least to PoR like many do.

Same goes for games like Beyond Good & Evil. There a lot of games out there whose titles are just too long, so it's understandable to communicate in a way that is convenient, and contextually understandable. (This practise has been common since early telegraph - abbreviations are still used in morse code communications, simply for the ease of sending.)

10. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Fire Emblem:poR I can see, its a sequel right?

So it serves both ends, it defines and shortens. Some should be left alone though. Or at the very least standardized. FFVII works, because its huge, but if there were ever a "Furious Fighter" series, you know every person who talked about it would run around asking, Do you Like "FF", or seven generations later, Do you like FF7, or FFVII.

11. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Well, it's part of a long-standing series, one of the few that's been released in North America.

Final Fantasies... Really, shouldn't be the one to deserve that abbreviation. Final Fight was much bigger much earlier, and gets back to your point - 15 years ago, FF tended to refer to Final Fight, not Final Fantasy.

There are always going to be abbreviations - I know of people who decided "Google" was a verb wasn't short enough, so they started using "FGI" for <CWLMST> Google It.

12. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

I could code you the game in java ;)

13. Gibble

Gibble

My biggest complaint about the GameCube is that messed up controller. Of the three consoles, the XBox by FAR has the most comfortable controller with their "S" controllers

14. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I give the S a 7, the original a 2, because it was just as bad as the Dreamcast controller. If you have to make a bad controller, don't steal it from another console!

Same with the Dual Shock2, it gets a 1, the Dual shock a 4, and the OG PSX controller a 8.

The Gamecube, a 6. Its more comfortable then then any of the others, but the placement of the Z button was a bad call. The American controller is super nice, the handles are actually long enough to hold! I bought my first American controller about a year ago and it made a huge difference!

15. InfernoReaper

It happens when companies make long game names like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas or Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    no one wants to type that out when you can just put GTA-SA or THAM

Pong wasn't a long name It was easy when you only had to type Pong or Galaga

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice