1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved PS4 going on rest mode and can't turn it back on

Discussion in 'Games' started by Serge2012, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my PS4 for a little bit now. Each time I leave it on to charge and turn off the tv, a few minutes later I turn back on the tv and don't see the screen anymore and the PS4 is on rest mode with the orange light on. I can't turn it back on with the controller and can't turn it off. I have to disconnect the power from the outlet and turn back on the power. Of course afterwards I get the message that it was turned off properly and the system has to check for errors before it's back on. Does anybody what is going on? I never had this issue before.

Thanks!

Serge

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi, thanks on your reply. That's what I usually do and it used to work that way before but I never got the orange light when I put it on charge. When that happens now I can press the power button at the center of the controller or press X but nothing happens and I can't even turn it off. I have to turn off the power from the outlet, I really don't get it!...

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

5. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Well, thanks for the link and I've checked everything but the controller is working fine even when it's wireless. That issue just happened a few days ago and I don't know why...

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Hopefully someone with some other ideas to try will be along soon ...

7. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Just as an option. Have you thought ab checking the firmware? I believe the latest firmware for the PS4 is from Oct. 2018. I'd download it, put it on a USB and try to update.

Remember that the USB will have to be formatted in the FAT32 format.

EDIT: Before doing anything it may be a good idea to contact PS4 support to hear what they have to say?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice