PS4 slim to soundbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aaron139

Hi All,

I'm not great with technology...but I have just bought a PS4 and the sound from the tv is not great quality so I bought a soundbar - problem being I'm not sure how to have the sound come from soundbar and visual on tv. Seems to be either/or.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Aaron139

To be more specific...it is a PS4 slim so doesn't have to usual sound output port

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
What is the exact model of the TV you have? You might be able to connect the sound bar to the TV and have it output all the audio through the sound bar.

Aaron,
I recently had some issues with a soundbar and have some info that might help.
HDMI is always your best option. If that's not available... use a digital output like optical or digital coaxial.
You can buy both of those cables from Walmart if you don't already have them.
So in general you have 2 options.
Option 1:
If your TV and soundbar have HDMI with ARC (you will see it say ARC next to the HDMI connector) then plug your HDMI cable from your PS4 into your soundbar and then the HDMI output from your soundbar into the HDMI (ARC) input into your TV. Make sure everything is off when doing this. ARC stands for audio return channel. You can google it and get more info if desired.

Option 2:
Plug the HDMI cable from your PS4 into your HDMI input in your TV and then if your TV has an HDMI output you can plug that into your HDMI input into your soundbar. If your TV doesn't have an HDMI output like mine, then use your digital audio out - which will either be optical or digital coaxial. The digital coaxial looks like a regular RCA type of connector, but it's ORANGE on the inside. With this method, my soundbar only had an optical input, and my TV only had a digital coaxial output, so I had to go to Fry's and buy a digital coax in to optical out adapter.

By the way, TV speakers are just put in the TV for convenience. As you probably know, it's not meant to use the TV with their factory speakers. The soundbar sounds so much better. The higher end Yamaha's sound great! The best audio will come from a home theater system which will cost a lot more money. The soundbar option is the bang for the buck.

Take Care!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts