1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PSD Shell Extenstion Error (C_PsdRsDll)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gopo, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gopo

gopo Thread Starter

Every time after i start up my computer (Windows XP Pro SP2) and right click on an application icon or something similar i receive the following popup message: (see also screenshot)

PSD Shell Extension
    Resource file <C_PsdRsDll> not found!

<OK>

Once i click okay everything works fine, although it is extremely annoying. Any one have any idea what the problem is or most importantly how to fix it?

I didn't have this problem all the time. I think it started few weeks ago.
    Some one suggested I delete and reinstall Photoshop, but didn't make any difference.

[​IMG]

What is C_PsdRsDll anyway?

Hope some one has an ides!

Thank you!

2. gopo

gopo Thread Starter

Anyone? Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy.

3. JLynn001

JLynn001

Hi gopo,
    Not sure if you are still having this issue. Most likely not, but here is what I did to fix it.
    Run Regedit, browse to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved], and look in the right hand side window for "PSD Shell Extension", highlight and delete the entire key. Problem gone.

WARNING:
    Before deleting anything in the registry, make sure you backup and or export what it is you are deleting. That way if anything goes wrong you can import it back in.

Good luck,
    Jlynn001

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/602972