1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PSE9 and erratic mouse?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by alovesj95, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alovesj95

alovesj95 Thread Starter

Okay.. I do not know exactly how to explain this, and I have seen there are a few out there that have this same problem...however, I haven't found a solution and I am beyond frustrated for spending the money on PSE9. I use PSE9 for scrapbooking and sometimes when I resize, move, draw, erase,....pretty much do something with the mouse, it is as though where ever I am clicking, the mouse is clicking somewhere else. Has anyone had this problem, and if so, is there a solution? I have done the ctrl + alt + shift...and it still happens. I have uninstalled and then downloaded from the site and used my serial number....I have it on disk. I have updated it, and still nothing....any help will be much appreciated!!!! Oh, most time I see the problem...people have some kind of tablet...I do not.
    Alice

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

CS5 and PSE9 here .. no Mouse problem .. As long as I clean out the cat hairs when needed :D
    Is PSE9 the only time the mouse is erratic ??
    Have you tried another mouse ??

3. alovesj95

alovesj95 Thread Starter

It is only with PSE 9, and I did change the mouse. I uninstalled, updated my mouse drivers, reinstalled PSE 9and made sure it was updated. So far, so good. However, I have not installed my actions and styles.

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Hi Noyb and/or alovesj95,
    Since you have PSE 9, perhaps you would be so kind as to let me know if it now has the Exposure adjustment?
    PSE8 had everything I needed except...so. At least I've never found it.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Attached Files:

6. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

The Exposure command in CS2 and CS3 (as new as I go besides PSE8).
    I make very precise color/tone/brightness matches between otherwise disparate appearing items and found Exposure (in conjuction with Hue/Saturation/Lightness) to be the better tool than either Levels or Shadow/Highlight. The later two seem more touchup tools while the Exposure tool is a dramatic change tool with fine control.

PSE9 is on sale right now but I need the Exposure tool....I think. I'm not familiar with the content aware function--was that the part of the video where they outlined and removed the child from the photo?

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Yes ... And the content aware in the healing brush.

I can't find CS5's exposure tool in PSE9 .. Maybe there's another way to perform the same adjustment ???
    Seems to me .. There's always several ways to do the same thing in Photoshop.
    That's one adjustment I've never messed with.

8. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Ok, thanks, I was hoping it was in there now since at $40 I could afford to get several copies and do everything I do in CS3. Pin Light layer style was the other item I use a lot and that was put in PSE8 ssooo, ssooo close!
    I just discover methods on my own instead of reading about the same method that a million people have already discovered so I don't know of any other method that will give such an exact intensity to a color without getting further away from some other desired factor that becomes hard to correct as a result.

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

If I didn't mess with animations in CS5 alot .. PSE9 could do all I do in CS5.
    I'm thinking the CSx Exposure control is just a simplified Levels or Shadow/Highlight ????
    Yes .. It's Soooo Close.
    At that price ... might be worth getting it just for the Content Aware addition and maybe you can figure out another way to adjust the exposure.

Attached Files:

• Clip.gif
      Clip.gif
      File size:
      125.3 KB
      Views:
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/989873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice