1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Psexec related question

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rdjw, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdjw

rdjw Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a question regarding psexec or an alternative perhaps? Basically, I have a batch file I made, that I want to allow a friend from a remote machine to exec. However, I want him ONLY to be able to exec this file, and not mess around anywhere else on the machine. Psexec gives too much privilege and he could open other things, etc. I did come across the program RemoteExec, but after the 15 day trial that won't be of much value to me(not paying 400$ for this singular occurrence). Any ideas or help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks

2. jhparizona

jhparizona

Why do you want to give remote access to this file? This kind of sounds like a classroom project you are trying to get help with.

At any rate, what about installing Apache web server and having the file access granted through the webserver?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1078447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice