1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PSP errors

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by vyki, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vyki

vyki Thread Starter

Okay, for some reason when I try to open up paint shop pro 8 I get a .dll error. It says "gear12d.dll file appears to be corrupt." I've tried googling the problem, searching this forum and a few others, no luck. I downloaded regseeker and that didn't work either.
    I would just reinstall it, but it won't uninstall. Ashampoo doesn't even recognize Paint Shop Pro 8.

Then I went and tried to download the evaluation version on PSP9 and it worked once and now it won't open up at all.
    Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

btw, my OS is Windows 98.

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Does it show in and/remove programs?

buck

3. vyki

vyki Thread Starter

version 9 does...
    what i'm really wanting to do is uninstall version 8.. but it's not happening... I'm gonna try reinstalling 9 after that.

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

5. vyki

vyki Thread Starter

I saw that already. the only problem is.. you have to pay for it. I'm broke:-/
    It just won't uninstall.. It's not in add/remove, ashampoo doesn't recognize it. I guess I could manually delete it but I figured there might be an easier way.

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

I thought you said v9 was in add/remove

does the install CD for PSP 8 have the uninstaller on it?

buck

7. acraftylady

acraftylady

What happens when you try and resintall 8 overtop itself? Seems you should be able to do that then do the uninstall no? Version 9 is still beta isin't it? I think I read on the PSP forums once you should only have one version at a time installed so mabye that's what's causing it but I dont' know that for sure.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice