1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

psp/tv connector

Discussion in 'Games' started by 06s2blakeleyl, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 06s2blakeleyl

06s2blakeleyl Thread Starter

i have recently bought a psp/tv cable so i can play things on psp on the tv. the cable has 5 connectors, 1 Blue 1 Green 1 Yellow 2 Red, which of these connectors do i use in the tv? does anyonehave any suggections

2. 2-MAS

2-MAS

Here is how I understand it. Three of the cables (Red, Green, Blue) are the cables used to send the video to the tv. That makes me believe that the other two cables are for sound.

If your tv does not have enough connectors, then u must find a different type of cable.

*> The cable u now have with 5 connectors is called a "Component AV cable" for psp
    *> If your tv only has 3 connectors, you will need a cable with 3 connectors called a "Composite AV cable" for psp
    *> VERY IMPORTANT: Your tv MUST support something called "progressive scan", else you can only use your psp to look at photos from your psp (maybe videos). BUT NOT GAMES :-(

3. 06s2blakeleyl

so can i play games with the cable with 5 connectors if i have a compatable tv? and how do i know if the tv is compatable?

4. 2-MAS

2-MAS

What PSP do you have. Do you have the bigger older one, or the new slim model?

5. 06s2blakeleyl

i have the new slim one

6. 2-MAS

2-MAS

Yes you can play games on a TV screen with your PSP. Just make sure your tv has the proper connections. else, you need to the the "Composite AV" cable for your PSP.

7. 06s2blakeleyl

ahhh ok thankyou very much...you can buy an adapter so that the cable i have will work as both cant you? any idea where i can get one? because then i can use the wire no matter what connections the tv has

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/665247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice