PSU Electrical Sound (Popping/Hissing)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrWir3on

Problem started a few days ago when I turned on the power outlet (UK) to a extension cable I used this socket hub to connect my PC and my monitor. The wall outlet when I turned it on started to make popping sounds, going from barely noticeable to a loud pop. But then the PC works fine without any problems or noises. My house sockets are relatively old, don't know exactly how old.

I got a brand new PC a month ago, parts came in 18/12/20, and my power supply unit is the ABKONCORE TN600W.

When I turned on the outlet today, it was the loudest it was ever been, and then my PSU started to have a popping/hissing electrical sound. I turned it off immediately. Then I switched the socket and switched the extension cable to another one and it stopped and it seems to be working currently, with no loud noises heard and since I am typing this on the PC.

I want to diagnose the problem and know what the next thing I should do next, should I use the warranty of the PSU or replace it? Or is it OK?

Current operations on the PC seem to be working as normal, and no abnormal sounds on PSU as of typing this.

TerryNet

Terry
Closing dup. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online