1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Psu Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by millert, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. millert

millert Thread Starter

these are my computer specs (WITH AN ADDED 512 MEMORY STICK)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4861605

i was wondering wat kind of psu i need i mean are there certain types that only work on certain computer and if you could tell me that maybe u could also show me a 500 w from like circuit city i could buy (cuz i hear the one at best buy are over priced)

2. tecknomage

tecknomage

I may have missed it, but I didn't see the spec for the power supply listed.

Hopefully it's at least 550w or better, so you need a UPS that can supply that plus whatever is required for you monitor.

Here are some examples:
    You need to look at the features. Highly suggest you get an UPS that allows you to replace the battery when it dies.

Of course, CompUSA is not the cheapest place to buy.

3. millert

millert Thread Starter

i am looking for a PSU not a USP and the required wattage for the card is 400

4. kev1952

kev1952

Firstly I would find out what the PSU in the unit you llinked to is. Then, if you still think you need a new PSU, have a look at the better quality ones (brands like Super Flower and others come to mind). You want at least a 500W unit (and it won't be cheap). If it is only cheap then steer clear of it - most PSUs that are any good will be fairly pricey. A good indicator is the weight of the unit - if it's light then it has inferior components inside and will not handle any heavy workload. There are a number of technical things to look at but the indicators I gave you here will be a good start point.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice