1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PSU Problem. Please Help

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jamie078, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamie078

jamie078 Thread Starter

Can an ATX-600JSP 600watt power an socket 939 AMD CPU
    Nvidia nForce 4 Ultra?

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

I don't see why not?

3. jamie078

jamie078 Thread Starter

Basicly I had a Flash Drive in one of my USB ports at the front of the Tower.
    I knocked it passing by and it made the USB port a bit out of shape (I have 2 ports there 1 on top of the other).

When I was trying to fix the ports into shape as I couldn't get 2 USB devices onto it, (I stupidly left the power on, duh) There was a bang and smoke came from the PSU.

I immediately pulled out the lead and went got a new PSU 750m instead of the 600w I was using before this happened.

I installed the PSU and nothing happened. No fans blowing, no boot up even starts,...............Nothing at all.

I've put it into a PC repair shop but i'm afraid they're gonna say £300.00 minimum

Anyway thanks for your help!

4. DaChew

DaChew

The usb ports have a 5 volt rail that powers devices, since it feeds thru the motherboard from the power supply, and from what you have described, you've probably shorted out something in the motherboard in the 5 volt circuit

doublecheck all power connections that you made when you changed out the power supply

A motherboard is not that expensive but when they die they can possible take other components with them

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice