1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PSU Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bchaff, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bchaff

bchaff Thread Starter

Ok i posted earlier i got a hd 2400pro i had a 200watt psu so i got a 350watt seems to be working fine so far...was curiouse if it was possable to run my cd drives off my old 200watt psu and my mobo and hd from the new one

2. DreadStorm

DreadStorm

First Name:
    Wayne
    Inadvisable, but definitely doable (inadvisable because you have to know the math to make sure the PSU won't be overloaded). I just posted that I'm about to do the same thing. Look for the post about "Irony."

I've built power supplies before, so I know it's doable. Give it a shot, but promise not to blame me if it doesn't work out. Okay? heh

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice