1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PSU Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Advent_X, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Advent_X

Advent_X Thread Starter

Hey guys!

My specifications are in my profile if you need to take a look, but for time-saving i'll post them here too. Anyway, my systems been having frame-rate drops with various games, mainly real new ones such as Skyrim and BF3, overall my system should be able to play these games fine, and the only real problem I can see is the PSU, as it's a bog-standard 650W cheap-*** replacement I bought waaaay before upgrading.

Anyway, even if that's not the issue for my frame-rate drops, i'm gonna upgrade the PSU regardless, as this ones too god-damn noisy. So really I'm here just to get your recommendations, I don't really want to spend over £60 on a new PSU, and have already looked at a few, I was thinking with the 600 - 650W OCZ PSU's, the ZS series or the ModXStream, however I don't know which one is a higher standard or better for gaming, so if anyone want's to help me out or throw me another idea, then feel free, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you! :)

Specs:

AMD X4 955 Black Edition Processor
    8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
    ASRock N68C-S UCC Motherboard
    NVIDIA GTX 560ti Graphics Card
    Standard 650W PSU.
    2 Hard-drives. Both SATA II, 250GB & 500GB

2. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

Honestly, a 700 watt ModX series would be the best option, you need a little more breathing room for that video card, and the 700's are a good quality anyways.

3. Advent_X

Advent_X Thread Starter

And in comparision to OCZ's other series's? Such as ZS, ZT and ZX? Is it worse, better or how does it work in this area? :confused:

4. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

They are all about the same, the Gamexstreme and modxtreme series are just made more for gamers and system builders. I prefer them over other series.

5. Advent_X

Advent_X Thread Starter

Thank you! I'll order one tonight and give some feedback on it :)

6. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

Let me know how it works, hopefully everything goes well~!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice