Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSU tester results!

Solved 
1K views 33 replies 4 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
I built an HTPC and didn't use it for a while. Its been in storage and went through a move to a new home. I went to set it up for use and I'm getting no power. Now, please don't ask me to post he specs because I cant access the system. I 'll give you what I can. I have actually narrowed it down to, what I believe is the PSU. But, I could be wrong. The PSU has about 500 hours on it if that. It's an EVGA 450 BR. I connected a PSU tester to it with the PSU still in the PC. Nothing!. I took the PSU out and connected it to the tester. When I turned on the PSU the tester lit up and it beeped it and blinked LL. After about 4 mins. it turned off and would not turn back on. Does this indicate that the PSU is dead or that the PSU tester sucks? I know this isn't a lot of info but, I had to put it out there. I'd hate to buy a new PSU if I don't need it.

#32 · (Edited)
Have you connected the 4pin ATX power for the CPU
that connection is to the top of the board and to the right - inside of the VGA connection on the I/O plate
see page 1-2 of the manual - item 1.
"Do not forget to connect the 4pin ATX +12V power plug. Otherwise the system will not boot up."

On your previous board it was an 8 pin socket on the board but of course a four pin could be used
from the manual of the original board - the AsRock H310
This motherboard provides an 8-pin ATX 12V power connector. To use a 4-pin ATX power supply, please plug it along Pin 1 and Pin 5.

#33 ·
I replaced the AsRock mobo with an ASUS H310m-e R.2 mobo. It only has the 4 pin CPU connection. Before I tried to power up I spent about 4 hours making sure everything was connected properly. I also tried to short the PWR button pins. Nothing happens except, the ASUS has a yellow light that turns on for the audio. But, thats all that happens.

#34 ·
It is so difficult to determine the cause in a situation such as this, in an online forum.
My advice is to take the computer to a local repair shop not one of the giant multiples, as was mentioned on post 15 and 16.
Yes it will of course cost you, but it may be the best option, as presumably it would, have saved you the cost of the PSU and the motherboard, if we now presume the problem MAYBE the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.