Psu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Seth13

I'm looking to upgrade to this card:

X1900XT

It says that it requires 450w powersupply, and I currently have:

480 Watt
(It was more when I purchased it about a year ago)

But I'm not sure if I should upgrade to something like this:

500 Watt

Could I please get some of your opinions? Thanks a lot.:eek:

Both of those are pretty junky power supplies.

What are the specs for the rest of your system? I think if you're going to spend $200 on a video card you should spend enough money on the PSU to protect it properly.

Rosewill is a low end power supply. I would suggest you look at a PSU manufactured by
PC Power & Cooling, Antec, Seasonic, Enermax, Cooler Master, or Thermaltake.

Also, the board you referenced indicates there is a PCI-e connector on the board and the Rosewill you chose does not indicate that it has a PCI-e connector.

Seth13

3.2 ghz P4
2gb ddr2(not sure the clock speed, im not at my house so I can't check)
X1900XT

Seth13

I don't really want to spend too much money. I'm only holding out till summer when I go away to college.

Seth13

I'm positive I have a PCI-e slot. I'm currently using a eVGA 6800GS, running on a PCI-e slot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts