PTT Trigger on button press from more than 1 device

minimustangs

I think this is a hardware issue, but haven't discounted a software issue. It could go either way...

WIN-10, updated.

I have several hardware controllers on my gaming PC. 2 are commercially built, and 2 are Arduino based. I don't really think DiY is a factor in the issue.

Problem: After a power outage where the entire system died instantly, I am having an issue where If I press a button on 2 completely different input devices, I get the same feature being activated. Specifically a key mapped as a PTT button activates that feature ( in Discord), but another button mapped to something else (and never mapped to Discord anything) triggers the same PTT function. Discord seems to recognize both buttons as Gamepad8. They are not built by the same manufacturer

If I reassign the PTT button on 1 controller to a different button, and tell Discord to use that, the 2nd controller still activates PTT when it shouldn't, but the button that does that changes.

These controllers and Discord worked perfectly prior to the power fail.

(FYI, I have several UPS's to protect equipment, UPS's have alarm tone silenced, and I was unable to see anything else in the house that would have alerted me to the p-fail. I simply missed the outage and the batteries ran down.)

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online