Public Folders in Outlook 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

syoung

I want to share email across a network with one other computer using Outlook 2000 on both PCs.

I've been told to create a public folder, but when I ask 'help' about 'Public Folders' it tells me to create a new folder in the public folder... but there isn't one there?

Help is taking me around in circles! How do I create a Public Folder in the first place?

The new folder would be a sub-folder of the public folder....why is that so confusing?

I might be wrong.... but to the best of my knowledge you would need to be running exchange if you want to have public folders. Do you have exchange??

syoung

Yes, I just installed Exchange after posting this question yesterday ... it seems to have solved that as there is now a public folder. But among the manual for Office 2000 there is a dearth of anything about Exchange server... so I'll keep fiddling and see what happens!

There is a great book for exchange out there, Sams teach yourself exchange in 10 minutes. There are a whole bunch of lessons, broken into 10 min. segments. And feel free to post!! We'll do our best to help you.
Best of luck.

Sams teach yourself exchange in 10 minutes. There are a whole bunch of lessons, broken into 10 min. segments.
I have this book at work that I give to the users that have questions. It's a whole lot easier then spending time with each of them for simple tasks.:cool:

syoung

Awesome! Thanks very much for the tip on slipstick and Sam's guide

Much appreciated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts