1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Public Folders in Outlook 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by syoung, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. syoung

syoung Thread Starter

I want to share email across a network with one other computer using Outlook 2000 on both PCs.

I've been told to create a public folder, but when I ask 'help' about 'Public Folders' it tells me to create a new folder in the public folder... but there isn't one there?

Help is taking me around in circles! How do I create a Public Folder in the first place?

2. Rockn

Rockn

The new folder would be a sub-folder of the public folder....why is that so confusing?

3. Raphael

Raphael

I might be wrong.... but to the best of my knowledge you would need to be running exchange if you want to have public folders. Do you have exchange??

4. syoung

syoung Thread Starter

Yes, I just installed Exchange after posting this question yesterday ... it seems to have solved that as there is now a public folder. But among the manual for Office 2000 there is a dearth of anything about Exchange server... so I'll keep fiddling and see what happens!

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    syoung: Check out www.slipstick.com for exchange server info, as well as other Outlook-type stuff.

6. Raphael

Raphael

There is a great book for exchange out there, Sams teach yourself exchange in 10 minutes. There are a whole bunch of lessons, broken into 10 min. segments. And feel free to post!! We'll do our best to help you.
    Best of luck.

7. littlemar

littlemar

I have this book at work that I give to the users that have questions. It's a whole lot easier then spending time with each of them for simple tasks.:cool:

8. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Cool! I didn't know we had anyone here who knew that stuff!

9. syoung

syoung Thread Starter

Awesome! Thanks very much for the tip on slipstick and Sam's guide

Much appreciated

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62331

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice