Publisher 2000: Doesn't Center on Web Page

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ViperFan

Charlie
I am using Publisher 2000 to put up the church's website and noticed that the webpages are too far to the left. I have the "canvas" set to 'wide' and have placed all the graphics to the edges, yet it looks off-center. Is there an easy fix to get the pages back to the center of most displays?

Thanks!!!

When you save a Publisher document as a web page or collection of pages it tends to do it's own formatting as a best guess as to what it should look like as a web page. Try setting your screen resolution to 800x600 to create your document and ensure the size is at 100%. The resolution above is a good rule of thumb so almost everyone can view it correctly. After it is saved as html you might still have to go in and manually change some code to make it center on the page.

ViperFan

Charlie
Thank you for your reply! The computer where I make the website is set at 800X600 resolution and when the page is pulled up it is too far to the left (as mentioned above). The question I have is what additional coding could I use to center the graphics and text on the page? The artwork, etc. covers the whole "canvas", yet looks much different when pulled up on the monitor.

Thanks again for your time and trouble.

Have you tried using the Design Checker in the Tools menu? If so, could you attach your HTML as a text file and post it here? (Open the site in your browser, move to the page in question, View > Source, copy/paste into a text file, Attach file down below on the TSG reply page.)

Though I've only been doing HTML for a few months, I started by letting MS Word build my pages, and found that I couldn't tweak the pages the way I wanted without getting into the source code. Those Office tools aren't quite what they could be yet...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online