1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Publishing issue with Expression 4

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by puter hater, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

Yes I know old school stuff. But I know it so I use . Well I thought I knew it. Question is...I cant seem to get the directory part correct . When I published it the first time it ended up making a new folding(public_html2 . I had support fix it for me. But it didnt fix because its still not correct on my end and not updating. What am I suppose to have at my end to this site will up date? Everything is located in dark forest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    You may be better off using a proper ftp programme such as the free Filezilla rather than trying to do it all in Expression.

If you want to continue using Expression try losing the www from your site url. But I suspect it is something to do with where/how you have the files stored on your computer and how you have Expression set up.

3. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

The files are there but now I am receiving Index of/ instead of the site. When I tried filzilla I recieve a error...Which is a whole another issue I have to research. "You appear to be behind a NAT router. Please configure the passive mode settings and forward a range of ports in your router. Warning: FTP over TLS is not enabled, users cannot securely log in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    I don't know exactly how you have your server setup but I suspect that your index.html should be in public_html not in public_html/DarkForest.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice