1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pulled headphone wire..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kas868, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kas868

kas868 Thread Starter

(This doesn't necessarily need to go in this forum section but I could not find another section which best fit it.)

I use an (Alienware) laptop and while moving around accidentally pulled the headphone wire, and like all laptops the hole is located on the side. The metal bit bent very slightly but ripped off the small plastic ring around the hole and (I think) shifted something inside it.
    I now have to use the any of the surround sound connections because the headphone one does not detect anything.

I want to know the easiest and quickest way to fix such a problem. I have tried calling the support line, and they should transfer me to the corporate support department (ordered internationally through a local agent; on my previous support call they transfered me and explained why), but they refuse to do so and I think they do not understand me.

Please help me, this is very irritating..

2. RogueSpear00

RogueSpear00

Can you post a picture of the damaged part?

Typically with Laptops there really isn't much fixing you can do. Practically the entire thing is one piece.

3. kas868

kas868 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/673321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice