1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PunkBuster Solution

Discussion in 'Games' started by ErrorProxy, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErrorProxy

ErrorProxy Thread Starter

SOOOO.. Here's the dealio, punkbuster kicks you from the game. You're all like WTF.

You've tried everything from adding the pnkbstr.exes to the firewall (both A and B), you've uninstalled and reinstalled, cleaned the registry and are now running the game as admin and in compatibility mode through XP, but you're still getting kicked

But never fear... the solution is here! (7 Vista XP compatable)

1. Make sure that you either disable your firewall (probably not a good idea) or allow PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe access to do things (McAfee has been known to automatically add these services to the block list).
    2. Download pbsvc.exe, which is a utility to uninstall and reinstall PunkBuster.
    3. Open pbsvc.exe and select Un-Install/Remove PunkBuster Service.
    4. Open pbsvc.exe again and this time select Install/Re-Install PunkBuster Service.
    5. After installing, it will test your services. Make sure you get a "Test completed successfully without error." message. If not, then copy and paste the results of the test here.
    6. Now download PBSETUP, which is a utility to update PunkBuster to the latest version. For Windows: pbsetup.exe
    7. Open pbsetup.exe. It will probably have to check for updates, allow it to do that.
    8. Click the "Add a Game" button at the top.
    9. Select your game (in this case Battlefield 2142) and make sure that the directory is correct.
    10. Click the "Check for Updates" button at the top

-credit due to someone by the name of ChooBloo on this forums. Sorry if I spelled your name wrong. I just had to repost this because it fixed for me and there's so many people who don't know this. I'll refer people to this thread. Amazing editing due to me, btw.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!