1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Purchasing a new computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frank_pivo_4, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. frank_pivo_4

frank_pivo_4 Guest Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i need some help purchasing a computer.

I'm looking at this computer as an option.

What are the ups and downs of that system? I know it prolly wont run many new games :( but i'm a big gamer and i mostly play older games on this anyway. I dont think i could dish out 900 + bucks for a decent gaming rig. If anyone could point out any other computers as well i would appreciate it.

My budget is 300-500 dollars.

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

3. Tapeuup

Tapeuup

I disagree, I had a eMachines T series & yes, I had problems & had to RMA it to eMachines, great support! I caused the problem & they fix it no questions asked. For what your going to use it for it should work out good. I ended up giving it to my sister which she is still using, 1.2ghz 256m scram. I say go for it, just don't put it in an enclosed compartment like I did :eek: burned it up.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Try for a P4 CPU based PC over the Celeron in that post though, if you plan on any gaming.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/396436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice