1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Purchasing Mobo;Need Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sam_G, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sam_G

Sam_G Thread Starter

Ok, I posted a thread the other day asking about upgrading my proc, well I'm abandoning that possibility. I am now on the look out for a new motherboard. I am currently using a 'Micro ATX' tower. Does anyone know a good motherboard that will fit/work with my tower? I have a good dvd and cd-r, aswell as a nice graphics card and soundcard. My mpeg decoder is also usable. its just that my proc is rather slow for my needs and a new mobo will aid in remeding this.

2. rugrat

rugrat

The EPOX 8khm will fit, as it is a micro atx form factor. You can check other board manufacturers sites for other boards. You must ensure they are the micro atx form factor boards.
    http://www.epox.com/html/english/products/motherboard/Default.htm

The above is the epox site.

Another thing to think about, is your power suply in the case good enough to support a faster system? AMD recommends a 300 watt or better power suply for an Athlon 800 and above.
    If not, you may want to buy another case that is ATX form factor and you will have many more boards to choose from.

SeeYa

3. Sam_G

Sam_G Thread Starter

hey, thnx rugrat.

that site was exactly what I was looking for. As for the power supply thing. is it possible to take out my old power supply and install one that is 300 watts? I'm just curious, I don't really know if my power supply is 300 watts.

4. stanggt2

stanggt2

might want to check out this site for prices www.pricewatch.com it's the best on the net

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice