1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Purchasing New Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alastes, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alastes

Alastes Thread Starter

Okay, like the subject states, I am out to buy a new monitor. I simply wanted the opinions of people on here on what I should get. I can spend up to about 400 dollars, though I would certainly like to spend less. I'm basicly going for something of great quality, mainly for gaming and video and such. Something bigger than 15 inches too, I would hope. Any suggestions or links to sites where I can find quality monitors? Would appreciate help muchly. Thanks! :)

2. jaelanicu

jaelanicu

This is a warning rather than a suggestion (sorry).

Never ever buy a monitor which uses a Sony Trinitron CRT.
    Its display is very clear and sharp for un-sharp eyes, very attractive.
    But only a sharp eye would see the sharp defects on ALL of them.
    Especially for those who has a high-standard eyes.

3. Annorax

Annorax

If you are using it for gaming, then you probably don't want a flatscreen LCD. For about $300-$400, you could probably find a nice 19'' monitor. Just make sure it is capable of a good refresh rate (at least 85Hz). Searching around CompUsa or BestBuy for rebates on monitors is probably the best bet, they sell regular CRT's for cheap.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/199814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice