1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Purchasing several Netbooks soon....which is best?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bj nick, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I had posted in another place the idea of getting Netbooks for my classroom. Now I'm ready to move ahead and I need a good recommendation as to the right model to get.

We have about $2500-2700 to spend and we're going to purchase them very soon. We'd like to get about 8 of them, so roughly $300 is our target price. Most models are very similar, I have noted, except the high-end $400 models. We need the following:

* webcam * mic * at least 10" screen

Otherwise, the features are similar enough that they'll be fine: windows xp, decent battery life, runs basic windows office software, etc, etc,

This is a big investment made entirely of parent donations, so we want to get the best we can. What would be a good model to get?

Thanks!

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

thanks for making me aware of some good deals, but the problem is deciding which to go with...I just don't see a lot of obvious differences....I don't want to go ahead and purchase 8-9 machines, and then find out "Oh, I should have gotten THIS one..."

4. Hughv

Hughv

They're all "good" to some extent.
    I would contact the marketing department of the big guys, especially Dell, and try to get a group discount.
    I say Dell because their equipment is well made and they offer huge discounts from time to time. I've also seen some very good deals in their refurbished list.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!