1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pure Networks Platform Service has encountered a problem and needs to close

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kellyhead, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kellyhead

kellyhead Thread Starter

I recently starting receiving the below error upon logging in to my PC:

"Pure Networks Platform Service has encountered a problem and needs to close" The error window allows you to send an error report.

I've tried manually launching the Pure Network Platfort Services and receive this error:

"Could not start the Pure Networks Platform Service service on Local Computer.
    Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

Operating Systems: XP

This is definately out of my area of expertise. Let me know if you need me to provide additional information. Thank you.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Uninstall Network Magic, which is the offending application. This is a useless utility anyway, and normally just serves to confuse the issue when you have networking issues. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/797344