Pure Virtual Function Call

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lschul

M ywife is running Windows ME, she got the Program Error - Pure Virtual Function Call message, not sure what program she was running but what is it?

Please post which program is running when it happens. That's very important, and any other details about the message, too.

Hi,

The only info I've been able to find, indicates that this problem has to do with a compatibility issue between some mfc*.dll's and oleaut32.dll. Does this error occur in Outlook? If it only occurs while running a certain application, you might want to try a re-install, or even a full removal and re-install.

lschul

I think it happened in MS Publisher, when it happens again I will get more details to post on here. Thanks! I think it is a program issue.

lschul

My wife was simply on the internet on Microsoft Internet Explorer. Seems to be a result of using the internet. Any ideas?

That is an error message being caused by a program she has running. The next time she gets the error message, have her see what is running in the background. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and look at the list. Copy it.

Check MSCONFIG to see what is running at startup and you can try a process of elimination to try and find the culprit. I would start by unchecking any Internet Programs from startup and see how it goes.

The idea is to see which program is causing the error message.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online