1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Purge Adaptec/Roxio

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rletter, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rletter

rletter Thread Starter

I have a new laptop (WinWPpro), which will not read CD-RWs made with the old Adaptec/Roxio programs on my desktop (Win2kPro). I installed Nero, which I like very much and can make the "quick CD-RWs" which will work but cannot format a disk in InCD on Nero. It appears that Roxio and Nero will not coexist. I have removed most traces of the Adaptec/Roxio programs but the InCD writer on Nero won't work. Nero says to disable the remaining driver files from Roxio "Cdr4_2k" and Cdralw2k" (I put an extension of .bak on them). When I do this neither my CD nor CD-RW drive will work and my device manager cannot find a suitable driver to activate the drives. So far, Nero has not been able to resolve the problem. Is there a way to safely purge all Adaptec/Roxio files? I notice there are still some registry entries attributed to Adaptec/Roxio but I am not comfortable fooling around with these.
    Thanks much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/214686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice