Purple code during xp restore hp media center M370n

Cristos61

Hi, my computer started to not boot it gave cpu fan error i figured out how to fix this, during this figuration i decided to restore the system to manufacturing state, after copying all the files from restore, the system asked to reboot it started to reboot but when the logo came on the purple code came up and didn't move nowhere. I ve searched in other forums and Ive done what they have suggested going in Dos prom and typing C:\> notepad C:\hp\bin\checkdmi\checkdmi.cmd and doesn't work someone suggested to do this right after the code came up, i tried it didn't work, i had to reboot again and pressed shift plus F10 to get to C prompt but it does do anything, I asume it is because the purple code won't let install all the drivers so they can't be acted thru dos.
I even went ahead and format the main Drive to do a fresh windows 10 installation and the system doesn't recognize the os, and to make it even worse it won't even recognize the windows xp media center Discks that the computer came with , this is getting annoying
Does anybody have a better trick to fix this and to install any os? please Advise

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The HP Pavilion Media Center m370n Desktop PC was introduced in 2004.
As old and slow as its hardware is, Windows 10 will never install and run in it.

--------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online